Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Give me some therapy with my therapy

Right now I have more therapists than I know what to do with. I'm doing phone sessions with the couples counselor that Glenn and I went to see right before we called it off, and I'm seeing my old shrink from high school again. Twice a week. My COBRA is LOVING me.

It's a good thing, too, because in addition to being the emotional disaster from hell, my brother moved back home about a week ago and his presence in the house makes life incrediblhy stressful. M has ADD and he's a compulsive slob. In the course of a few days, he's managed to crap up both cars and every room in the house with the exception of mine. He's nocturnal and he cooks up these incredible meals at 3am and then leaves the mess for my mother to clean up. And my parents totally tolerate his behavior. It's insane. It's insanity-making. Sometimes I just have to close my door and close my eyes and pretend I'm somewhere else. In my own space. In a good place, emotionally and physically. Maybe if I visualize it often enough, it will come true. And if I click my ruby slippers, I'll wake up and the nightmare will be over.

No comments: