Thursday, February 10, 2005

More dreams

Last night I dreamed that I was still living with Glenn in a house on the suburban street where I grew up, not in our apartment in LA. Every time I tried to talk to him or get his attention, he was distracted and distant, and he wouldn't engage on any level. It occurred to me at that he had stopped being in love with me somewhere along the line. At one point he sat down and I climbed into his lap and asked him if he still loved me. I needed to hear the answer out loud. He hesitated before answering and then gave me one of his typical circular answers. “Well, here’s the thing,” he said. “I don’t love you anymore right now but everyone is telling me that I’ll learn to value you more down the road, so I don’t want to let go.” I climbed off his lap and told him it was over and left the house without looking at him again. I knew in my gut that what he said was true but hearing him say it flicked a switch in my brain. Later in the dream, a good friend offered me a bit part in a play he was directing and I ended up playing multiple roles, which made me so busy that I didn’t have time to think about Glenn anymore.

No comments: