Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Driven mad by that Banana Republic ad

.........

Sorry--I'm still in shock over Austin getting booted off Project Runway in favor of evil, bitter Wendy. Does anyone else out there feel like the studio execs made this decision and not the judges? I foresee much drama and bad design coming our way. Austin, next time I make the red carpet, I am so hiring you to design my dress.

Today was such a mixed bag. The woman who sits next to me at work just got her pictures from her fabulous beach wedding in Mexico and my entire department descended on her desk to ooh and ahh over them. Loudly. Very loudly. And then they decided to share all the tasty tidbits from their own wedding experiences. Again, loudly. Some of us were actually trying to do some WORK. I swear, it was like a scene straight out of Steel Magnolias. I was less irritated by the topic of conversation than I was by the decibel level at which was conducted--I was tired and cranky, and I finally retreated to the marketing manager's office just to get five minutes of quiet. Disclaimer: my job rocks, my coworkers are generally great, and the woman who got married is a complete doll. I do not begrudge her a single thing. But I do think that I lack the biddy gene most women have ingrained in them. I also lack the makeup gene, the shoe gene and anything that causes women to sign up on either The Knot or The Nest. This would explain why my mother spent the evening of my senior prom chasing me around the house, eyeliner in hand. I kid you not. God knows what she would have done at the wedding if it had actually happened. *shudder*

Just when I have a moment of nostalgia about life in LA, the universe reminds me that I'm really not missing that much. Then again, we did get some cool swag at the DVD magazine I wrote for there.

The day improved immeasurably when I discovered the lunchtime yoga class at the gym down the hill. It kicked my butt, it was cheapcheapcheap and the instructor rocked. Yoga in the middle of the day is better than Diet Coke--I spent the rest of the day being super productive and bopping along in my chair while listening to KCRW online.

On a completely random note, I have to say that Trader Joe's has hit the goldmine with its TJ-branded ripoff of Pirate's Booty. It's cheesy crack in a bag.

No comments: