Saturday, February 05, 2005

Clean slate

Today I finished the journal I started last July. Those first pages are filled with pain and the page I just finished is brimming with hope. Finishing the last line felt so meaningful. Now I can really close the book on that part of my life. As Anne of Green Gables said, tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes. Every time I start a new journal, I'm filled with a sense of possibility. Who knows what will happen between now and the very last page? What will I read when I leaf through this book in a few months? No matter what, it will be a completely new chapter in my reality and I'm doing my best to stay open to whatever might come my way. Somehow I've survived the hardest thing I've ever experienced and emerged on the other side a different, stronger person. God, that sounds horribly cliche. But in some ways, finishing that journal was more of a New Years celebration than anything I could have done last month. I feel like I'm on the verge of *something*. I have no idea what, but I can't wait to find out.

No comments: