Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Cat of Divorce

Scully misses Glenn. It's terrible to see. For some reason, I can't bring myself to hate him for his actions towards me but I abhor him for breaking my kitty's heart. Her little white ears still perk up whenever someone whistles and she always looks to see who's coming in the door the way she did when we were a little family unit. When she gets feisty, she still wants to get scratched on her back but I can't do it the way he did it and she gives me these sad looks, as if I just don't measure up in the scratching department.

Glenn, you will never again get to come home and see Scully run out of the bedroom to greet you. You'll never get to whistle at her from behind the door and hear her miaow in excitement. You'll never get to chase her around the house and tackle her onto the bed, or give her rough scratches when she flops down at the bottom of your dresser. She'll never roll around on the floor and chase her hind foot for you again, or show you her silly shark face when she's in a playful mood. You'll never find white fur on every piece of your clothing, or take the huge mat of cat fur out of the lint drawer in the dryer and smile.

When you get up in the morning, you won't get to give her treats or have her keep you company while you get ready for your morning ride. She won't sleep wedged between your legs or jump on your nighttable when she has a 4am hunger attack. She won't purr for you when you've had a bad day, or rub up against your toes when you're sitting on the couch. You'll never see her do sprints down the hallway again, or chase the string in a circle on the bed, or rip the brown paper grocery bags to shreds with enthusiastic delight.

And she doesn't know why you're not around anymore. All she knew was that there was tension and crying, then I was gone and then you were gone and then she was high as a kite on kitty tranquilizers and we were flying back to Boston. She spent 6 months in a house with three other cats and whenever you called, she came running. You were her daddy for 3 years and you abandoned her and I hope you rot in hell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abraços a você.

João Carlos.

http://www.phn.com.br

ME! said...

I so had tears in my eyes when I read this. I can see how tough it would be because of my cats and my boyfriend together. They love him so much. I can't even imagine what poor Scully is going through.

*tear*