Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Working Girl

*drumroll please*

I GOT A JOB.

I'm going to be a copywriter for a management consulting firm. It's light years away from journalism but you know what? I don't care. I've had 17 interviews for journalism jobs over the past three months and not one of them felt right. This feels right. The people are nice and the company treats its employees well. The work looks interesting and to be honest, I can't wait to get away from ball-breaking deadlines.

Plus, they're paying me what I'm worth. This is a first in my life. And they're giving me a signing bonus! Hallelujah!! My Visa card can kiss my patootie. When I got the call, I wanted to sing and scream. I wanted to share it with someone, but realized I didn't know who to call. No SO to share it with.

I start on December 1st. Now I can start looking for an apartment. There is light at the end of the tunnel--only a little while longer in the hell that is my parent's house.

I'm going to be a normal, working person again. The prospect of being a desk jockey never felt so good. I am so ready to be back in the world, contributing to society (and a 401K). For the first time, I feel like things will be okay again.

No comments: