Sunday, November 21, 2004

Jai Begwan

Spur of the moment trip to Kripalu. I felt the need to get away and do some processing before starting the new job. Starting the new start. There's something in me that says "mark the transition between phases." I can't explain it but I had to come out here. And it feels great--I'm here taking care of myself.

When I arrived, my room wasn't ready yet, so I went for a long walk around the grounds, which were designed by Frederick Law Olmsted in 1893. Somehow I wound up along the road to Tanglewood. Mist hovered over the concert green and I felt like I'd stepped into another world. I was reminded of that scene in "Sense and Sensibility," when Marianne goes for her long walk to the point overlooking Willoughby's estate. There was nothing but trees and grass and fog. My breath hovered in the air. Solitude has never been so sweet.

Off to yoga in a few minutes. Then there's dinner and a Thai massage.

No comments: