Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Back in the saddle

For most of the past 3 months (Halloween excepted), I've had absolutely no desire to write, draw, sew, sing or do anything remotely creative. All I did--all I could do-- was cry and work on putting my life back together. I'm still living with my parents while I look for a job. In the meantime, I'm temping and doing some freelancing writing. It's no fun being 29 and living at home again but I'm grateful that I could come here and recover. As winter approaches, however, I'm definitely ready to be in my own space and get back to the working world!

I never would have made it without the support of other women who have called off their weddings. When everything fell apart, I thought I was the only one going through that kind of experience.

Today's election day and all I can do is pray that the momentum from the Red Sox world series win will carry over and help John Kerry win the day. God, it would be nice to open the paper in the morning and not get fumingly, righteously, punch-a-hole-in-the-wall angry over the latest dumbass move by the Bush administration. Not that Bush will go out in style. The man and his minions are doing everything they can to bully voters, obstruct justice and basically steal as many votes as possible. Thank god for the legions of Kerry and DNC volunteers who are out patrolling voting stations.

Currently living on: harvest pumpkin soup from Au Bon Pain. Can't do without it, baby.

No comments: