Friday, November 12, 2004

Winter is here

First snow of the season today. From inside my nice, warm office, I watched the ducks in the pond behind my parent's house flapping along as the snow came down. It made me want to curl up in bed with a book. As soon as I stepped outside, I wanted to hop the next plane to California. I've become a winter wuss!! Snow is heavy, cold, wet and gross, and it keeps me from going running as regularly as I want. Give me NoCal anyday. Yes, I know I need to let it go.

On Wednesday, I went to see the Art Deco exhibit at the MFA with a friend. Growing up in Boston, my mom took me to the MFA al the time and I remember wandering around the galleries while she sketched paintings and sculpture. I walked through the galleries and it was like seeing an old friend who you haven't seen for years. The John Singer Sargent room, the Canalettos, the Northern European Renaissance collection. Each room is wonderful and familiar. Sadly, the Art Deco exhibit sucked--definitely not worth the exhorbitant $22 admission fee.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Keep up the good work.