Monday, November 08, 2004

MMmmm, fish

I may be unemployed, unengaged and living with my parents, but the upside is that I'm learning to cook. Cooking never appealed to me before and I've spent years being taunted by relatives about my infamous inability to cook more than pasta. Okay, there was that baked salad incident and I did once forget to boil macaroni and cheese, but I maintain that I am not a bad person because of it!

To my credit, I successfully broiled a chicken last week and no one died of salmonella poisoning. The cats even scarfed up the scraps and they are the most picky, spoiled felines on the face of the earth. Tonight I baked salmon fillets and they turned out to be rather tasty. I can just hear my grandfather telling me that I'll never find a man if I can't cook or sew. Well, now I can do both, so bring 'em on.


No comments: