1. Show up 15 minutes late and don't apologize.
2. Insist on trying a particular restaurant and then act like it's my fault you don't like the food.
3. Visibly contemplate my offer to help with the bill when YOU'RE the one who asked me out (and you chose the restaurant, so you should be prepared for the bill)
4. Ask no questions about me--am I wrong, or isn't the whole point of dating to get to know one another?
5. Make me carry the conversation for the whole evening.
6. Volunteer to walk me to my street, and then act put out that you have to wait 10 minutes for the next bus.
It was a bad date. And sadly, not the kind that kills the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Because at least poison dates would have put me out of my misery.
You know it's going to be bad when the conversation starts out like this:
Me: "So how was your day? Did you do anything fun?"
Him: "Not really. My roommate and I got into an argument about whether Constantine was the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity."
...and continues like this:
Me: "Wow! You travelled all the way around the world! You must have some amazing stories to tell. Did you meet interesting people? What was the craziest thing you did?"
Him: "Yeah, it was fun. I'm just mad that I won't get my PhD before I'm 30."