Sunday, April 24, 2005

Smile like you mean it

Great yoga class today--and I got in three classes this week! I'm binding all over the place and hitting all the variations I know about. Baptiste isn't great at telling students how to take poses to the next level, so I'm relying on my Wednesday lunch class for that. I just started grabbing my ankles in boat, and now I'm working on jumping into crow. It would be great to work on handstands, but I really think the Baptiste teachers get annoyed by handstands because they want you in shoulder stand, and they aren't trained in how to assist handstands.

One thing that always gets me is when people show up to class 10-15 minutes late, are visibly annoyed that there are no spaces left, and then expect you to interrupt your practice to move your mat so they can set up. Punctuality, people. The world does not revolve around you.

So sleepy today. I ODed on sushi with L last night, and then stayed up past my bedtime on IM with C. Friday night feels like a dream, as it it happened on another planet or in another dimension. I don't know if I want it to happen again, and it's so nice not to be tied up in all kinds of emotional knots over it--to have the presence and clarity of mind necessary to make a decision based on my gut rather than any sense of neediness.

No comments: