Monday, April 18, 2005

It's in the air

Ok, now I get why my brain is all fuzzy and I can't concentrate at work (and why lunch boy remains attractive despite all the red flags.).

With spring comes spring fever. On the Esplanade yesterday, it was a giant game of see and be seen. If we were peacocks, we'd be flaunting feathers right now. As it is, we're flaunting other parts.

Last night TNT ran one of my all-time favorite movies. Nothing like a little Matt Damon to end a gorgeous spring day. I think they ran this one earlier, and I have to say that Brendan Fraser is not so bad himself. Really, what it comes down to is that competent, manly men who know how to make their adventurous women feel safe are the way to go. In this way, Matt Damon and Brendan Fraser are only following in the footsteps of the incomparable Harrison Ford. The Princess Leia bikini scene in Empire Strikes Back may have been a seminal adolescent moment for a whole generation of men, but Han Solo was the same for my generation of women.

No comments: