Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

I won't lie. I was kind of dreading the holidays this year. There was so much family tension around who was doing dinner with whom and where people would be for meals. Thankfully (no pun intended), the long weekend went smoothly. Our two families met and our parents got along, even if there were a few awkward gaps in conversation. We somehow averted a salmonella outbreak after a massive, accidental spillage of turkey blood all over the kitchen floor. I'm still not sure how the cats missed out on that one but they did so there was no cat illness, either. There was some new catnip, though, and a lot of silliness as a result.

It's almost December and it's still warm enough to run outside in shorts. The invitations are almost done.

If you are in the mood for something uplifting, don't go see Little Children. I read it with an old book group years ago and forgot about the dark story line. So it's kind of my fault that I ended up having nightmares for two straight nights.

No comments: