Sunday, May 21, 2006

This is where I used to live

Today my brother came by and took a vanload of furniture from my old apartment in Cambridge. It marked the last time that I'll be in that apartment--I'm dropping my keys off at the realtor this week. My roommate moved out a few days ago. Even without furniture or decoration, the place looked warm and friendly and inviting. After the last armful of things went down to the car, I stood in the apartment by myself and said goodbye. Call me crazy, but I had mixed emotions about leaving. I'm extremely happy and settled with Lunchboy, but the Cambridge apartment represented all the good aspects of single life. It was where I healed and came into myself as an adult. So when I left, it was with gratitude, fondness and a sense of completion that I closed and locked the door.

No comments: