Friday, May 19, 2006

Getting it done

Despite the rain, my week has been pleasant, due primarily to the fact that both of my bosses are out of the office visiting our European contingent for a few days. They took their drama with them and in their absence I’ve been more productive than I have in months. It’s amazing how much work I can do when I don’t have unnecessary personal drama (and the stress it creates) to deal with. If it weren’t for the fact that I need them to come back so I can complete a few projects, I’d wish for them to stretch their visit out for a few more days (months). If only work could be like this all the time!

The other morning my commute came to a halt as a police officer on detail stopped traffic to let a family of geese cross the road. Mother goose, 5 goslings and then daddy goose at the end, all supervised by the cop. So endearing. This is what I get for reading too much Robert McCloskey as a child.

No comments: