Monday, May 22, 2006

Attack of the creepy crawlies

I can see why this would be alarming, what the T being in motion and all. But I totally understand the conductor’s reaction. Rodents and snakes don’t bother me. Blood doesn’t make me heave. I can even handle those weird little millipede things that scamper up the walls and seem to be ubiquitous in Boston. But spiders inspire the kind of screaming, hair-tearing, arm-waving, jump on the furniture “kill it before it eats me” freakout that makes people wonder if I’m insane. What can I say? Spiders may be ecological necessity but they are also ooky, scary, ferocious little deathmonsters and I want nothing to do with them. Ticks are the only things that make my skin crawl more. *shudder*

1 comment:

Elle Charlie said...

God, I totally hear you on the tick thing. Something that gorges itself on another creature's blood until it pops is just WRONG. And kinda stupid, when you think about it... where was evolution when the shutoff valve was invented?