Thursday, June 24, 2004

Exit stage left

Well, it's done. My stuff and my car are on their way back east, and Scully came back on the plane with me. The past three days are a haze of shock, pain, panic and anger. Everyone keeps telling me that I will be fine, that I will be stronger and wiser for this experience but you know what? Fuck you. I AM strong and wise and courageous. I dropped everything to move across the country and I made a life for myself in a place I hated. I don't need this, too.

I am also uncertain, crushed and totally bewildered. How did we get here?

Something deep inside me says that I dodged a bullet. Now I won't be stuck with Glenn's horrible last name or his vast credit card debt or his narcissism.

Getting up in the morning is an act of sheer will when you know that the next few months are going to be a long, slow slog through hell.

No comments: