Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fleur de lys

Last night after work, Lunchboy and I hit the Despot and got fertilizer, top soil, and a cartful of plants. I bought some heather, some neat-looking grass (don't ask for real names, I leave those to Gimp), several pots of rosemary and a few pots of lavender. My motto: plant what you like and see what happens. When we got home, I got to work. I planted one of the pots of heather, one of the lilacs I bought last weekend, and a big potful of peonies that our neighbor across the street gave to us in the fall and that's been sitting around since then (lots of green shoots in the pot, so I think they're ok).

Tonight I plan on planting the rosemary, the lavender, and the second lilac, as well as the other pot of heather and the neat-looking grass. We have a weird little back area in the garden that I'm trying to decide what to do with--either shrubs and grass or a mess of different things that can climb up and cover the ugly cement. I'm not sure I have the energy for container gardens to go on top of the cement, but we'll see (and yes, I'll cough up a picture later on).

Our upstairs neighbor, who is a problem worthy of several posts on her own, sent Lunchboy an email yesterday asking if we'd please start using an air filter in the basement because her allergies are acting up and she's sure it's the cat dander traveling up the pipes. It's spring, lady. Welcome to allergy season. Now please stop stomping around on our heads.

No comments: