Thursday, April 27, 2006

Interpret THIS

I bought a new journal when I was at Kripalu and ever since I started writing in it, my dreams have become much more vivid. Not particularly relaxing or happy, but at least I can remember the dreams when I wake up and that keeps me feeling more connected to myself. I hate not being able to remember my dreams. Sometimes I take them too literally, but when I can’t recall them at all it feels like there’s static along the line somewhere.

Two nights ago, I dreamed that T called me to tell me that Glenn had gotten married and was having a baby with his new wife. I proceeded to have a total Sally moment, but I was more upset about the fact that she’d been talking to Glenn behind my back. Her only explanation was that he’d lent her some money because he thought she was a worthy cause.

????

Last night I dreamed that I was stuck in line at the airport in DC, trying to switch my flight so I could get home. Instead they routed me through New Orleans. Then I lost my ticket and had to wait in a long line of whiny elderly people who had bigger problems than me. And I couldn’t find my luggage.

All of this might have to do with the fact that the cats have become much more affectionate at night. Scully sleeps next to my head, Griffin curls up on my legs and Cringer snoozes under the blankets next to me. Movement is impossible.

No comments: