Monday, April 17, 2006

Apt description

On depression: "It's exhausting. It's like you have these pictures in your mind and you're pulled toward them at the same time that you're trying like hell to stay away from them."

I'm having a hard time staying away from the pictures right now. I wish I could be witty about it but I can't. A friend told me to lighten up yesterday and she's right, but I didn't know how to tell her that it's hard to be light when it feels like you're walking over a giant black abyss that just opened up beneath you. Melodramatic but true. Depression comes hard and fast, for no particular reason (at least for me). Maybe the happy pills aren't doing their job anymore. I hope that's it--that can be fixed.

1 comment:

Elle Charlie said...

You're such a beautiful person. You feel so deeply and share so much. It's no wonder that you get tapped out, with all the energy you put into the lives of those around you. You deserve the same nurturance you give to the rest of us so freely. I hope you get it back in spades.