Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Fromage

I bow before Max McCalman. He is the god of cheese. Him and Ihsan Gurdal. But Max has held forth on the perfect holiday cheese plate and I had to share. My dream is to eat at Artisanal, where I hear you can have a 5- course dinner that is entirely composed of cheese. Drooooooooooooooooool. Dinner at the French Laundry or Chez Panisse wouldn’t be that bad, either, but a girl’s got to get her priorities straight and in the land of Moxie, cheese holds sway over all (even over caramel).

4 comments:

gimpadelic said...

Even over caramel?

BLASPHEMY!

PomHeart said...

i worked on a dairy farm that made raw unpasturized cheese and yummy artisanal bread. i had the bestest lunches of still warm bread and uber good cheddar...

Anonymous said...

Alright now I have to go to NYC. I love cheese. Good cheese makes me smile. :)

There's a ridiculously expensive restaurant near my house that serves this cheese platter with several kinds, including a lovely brie and a fantastic white cheddar, with huckleberries and honeycomb and artisanal bread and... now I'm all hungry. Sigh.

Moxie said...

Yummmmmmmmmmm