Saturday, December 31, 2005

Auld lang syne

"What was your worst New Years?"

"I had to drive a bunch of mean hippies to a party. It was full of more mean hippies. We couldn't leave until 2am or 3am and I didn't want to ruin my date's night so I didn't say anything. You?"

"Sitting in some stranger's smelly basement in Springfield watching bad TV and listening to the strangers talk about babies. Or the time my ex-boyfriend's a cappella group went to perform at First Night in Providence and he told me there was no room in the car for me, but I found out later that night that all the other guys had brought their girlfriends."

Which is why I've accepted the suckiness of New Years and have come to terms with my inner introvert. No matter what I do, it always feels like everyone else is doing something cooler and more fun for New Years. Also, champagne gives me a headache. So this year we're cooking silly things and watching movies and ignoring the fuss. Purrrrrr.

1 comment:

ME! said...

I worked this new year's and celebrated with the fiancee who sat at my bar with two other couples. We split a split of champagne and went "woo, it's new year's". So, no, not everyone has an exciting New Year's Eve.

Happy New Year!