Monday, December 27, 2004

Break on through to the other side

I did it. I got through Christmas and our anniversary without melting down. In fact, I spent the whole weekend moving into my new apartment and getting settled. How fitting that I spent what would have been our 4-year anniversary embarking on a fresh start. My father and A came out today to help me move a few pieces of furniture and it started to snow right as we finished up. The snow turned into the first blizzard of the winter. J came over and we mushed through the snow to an Indian restaurant around the corner. We toasted to new starts over dinner--he's moving to Atlanta later this week.

I feel so good--and it's not just the wine. I am deeply, genuinely happy in a way I don't remember feeling in a very long time. Am I on the right path? I hope so.

No comments: