Sunday, March 26, 2006

Oh yeah

I admit it--I like the Vows column in the Sunday NYT. It's obnoxious and occasionally really snotty, but I'm a sucker for a good love story and it's interesting to read about people's lives. So today I was crashed out on the couch, achy from moving yesterday and getting over yet another night of drinking too much. I was scanning the Times on my computer while watching Good Eats with Lunchboy, and I came to the slow realization that I knew the bride in today's Vows column. Dina played Rosalind in As You Like It my freshman year at Colby. I was Celia. Bligh was Audrey. MeanG was a techie. Dina was a wonderful actress and an incredibly warm, friendly person. I'm so glad to hear she's happy.

4 comments:

Overmatter said...

The down side to the section: My cousin's ex-boyfriend's wedding was in the Vows section of the New York Times, and half the family e-mailed her to let her know. "Did you SEE?" As if she could possibly not have seen. What's worse is that the new wife works for a fashion magazine that my cousin reads in the gym, and once in a while she finds a column in which the wife describes a lovely French vacation that she took with her lovely new husband.

Overmatter said...

but yay for Dina! That is a really nice story

gimpadelic said...

I think Dina was a WMHB nerd too. But I could be lying.

Moxie said...

C--yeah, that sucks. You can't really hide from that, can you? My cousin's wedding was in there and I think it made her decade.