Thursday, February 23, 2006

Brain fart

There are times when Boing Boing just makes my day and today is one those times. Their post on Diane Duane filled in one of those horribly annoying memory gaps that’s been bothering me for years. I loved her Young Wizards series, especially Deep Wizardry, where Kit and Nita get to transform into whales. And yes, the idea of there being a book about how to be a wizard was seductive in a mind-bending way. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t hunt through the library stacks looking for such a book, because how cool would that be? Then I got old and my brain made room for useless celebrity gossip trivia by conveniently blanking out the names of authors like Diane Duane, leading to many occasions on which I banged my head against a wall trying to recall the memory. And now here it is. Boing Boing, I heart you.

No comments: