Monday, January 24, 2005

Getting ditched at the altar can really pay off

Boy meets girl. Boy proposes. Girl breaks up with boy right before wedding. Boy takes off on world tour with brother, turns experience into best-selling novel, screenplay and successful company.

Kudos to him. Even if I'd had the luxury of $77,000 to jet around the globe last June, I wouldn't have been able to pull it off. Honestly, I couldn't even get off the couch. Once I mastered the couch, it took two months to leave the house. And even though this guy hit most of eastern Europe, Asia and Africa, he still couldn't get away from his pain. So really--couch, Africa, what's the difference. In the end, we all have to wrestle with the reality of our situations.

Of course, now he's married with a baby on the way. And here I am, on my couch with my cat on my lap.

No comments: