Friday, July 18, 2008

See that girl

I know it is sad and bad and you can mock me if you want to, but I really want to see the new Mamma Mia! movie.

I've never been a big Abba fan. I've never seen the stage show or done more than watch "Muriel's Wedding" a few too many times. But everyone in Mamma Mia just looks so happy. Even if it's insane, fake happy, it's better than doom and gloom and destruction. Plus, I love Amanda Seyfriend. She is one of the best parts of Big Love.

The new Batman is probably a way better movie, but I'm not in the mood for dark. I want some cheesy, silly singing in the Greek sunshine. Plus, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth don't hurt. Not at all.

2 comments:

Magpie said...

I already ordered my tickets! Totally destroying any geek cred I might have. (although I do want to see Dark Knight) But come on, Meryl Streep singing ABBA! What could be more awesome?

Magpie said...

Follow up: it was AWESOME!!!!!!

There is no way you could not walk out of that theater happy, singing, and dancing.