Friday, August 12, 2005

En vacances

Next week Lunchboy and I are off to attend a wedding in Rhode Island and then spend a few days in Newport, before heading out to Tanglewood for the weekend. I’m really looking forward to some R&R by the ocean and in the mountains (the East Coast version of mountains). Roof decks and whirlpools won’t hurt, either.

One of the women in my Wednesday afternoon yoga class acted surprised when I told her I was taking a vacation with the boyfriend.

“I’m seeing someone but it’s only been like 4 months, so we’re not taking trips together or anything,” she told me.

OK, are we insane for taking a trip together after 4 months?

Carmen soothed my fears. “The trip is a test, but 4 months is a good time for a test like that. Plus, it’s summer. And it’s not like you’re leaving the country.”

True.

Okay, deep breath. I’m ready for fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dating a new boyfriend for six months, went to Europe together for FOUR weeks. Everyone said we'd either come back separately or come back married. It definitely accelerates the relationship though.

There should be an equation. Long weekend away together = 3 weeks of relationship time, 4 weeks together in countries where neither of you speaks the language well = 6 months of relationship time.

P.S. That was ten years ago, we've been married almost 3 years now.

Ashtanga Renate said...

Dude, 4 months is plenty of time for a vacation together.