Monday, February 25, 2008

Paper

That line, that clichéd line from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, is stuck in my head:

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it.”

I feel like that’s happening right now. Every day is full and the days go by so fast that by the end of the week I’m gasping for breath and wondering where the week went. At New Years, I resolved to stay open to new things and so far it’s worked, but the other night I looked up from my glass of wine and told Lunchboy that I feel like I’m trying to do too much and as a result I’m doing it all badly.

Speaking of time flying by, yesterday was our one year anniversary. WHEREDIDTHETIMEGO??? It has been a good year, full of laughter and adventures, challenges and growth. But even when things were difficult, there was no one else I wanted to be standing next to. We always have each other's backs.

Here is a picture of our wacky, crazy wedding cake:



And here is Lunchboy with our cake top after a day of defrosting:





I was a little nervous about eating the cake because over the course of the year that it's lived in our freezer, the freezer itself has inadvertently defrosted about four or five times. The cake smelled really sweet but tasted fine. We both remembered why we wished we'd gotten to have more of it at the wedding!

Yes, those are the Oscars on in the background. And yes, I look tired. Sometimes life just feels like A LOT. But even A LOT is more manageable when you have the best teammate in the world. My heart is full and I am keenly aware that I am very blessed.

No comments: