Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I’ve got enough to do, and little enough to get for it, without thinking

Despite being an English major in college, I never read much Dickens. Nor did I catch the version of Bleak House that the BBC did last year, the one with Agent Scully as Lady Dedlock. But oh happy day---Lunchboy got me a subscription to Netflix as a
Christmas gift and now I am up to my ears in lovely, dreary British drama. It’s the best of both worlds,really, because I can watch Bleak House in peace while Lunchboy is on the road and is therefore not present to whine, groan, and make violent retching noises whenever the BBC logo comes onscreen. If it doesn’t involve superheroes, science fiction or things getting blown up, he’s not interested. So it’s just me and the cats, all curled up on various fleece blankets and that’s just the way I like it.

The invitations are out. Now we have to track down the hotel wedding coordinator, who is MIA. There are lots of detail-y things that remain to be done. Strangely, we seem to be reversing roles right now. The less stressed out I am, the more anxious Lunchboy becomes. He keeps asking, “Is it done? Are we married yet?” Almost, baby. Two+ months to go.

Carmen has another great article in the most recent issue of the Improper Bostonian. Check it out if you get a chance.

1 comment:

gimpadelic said...

Lunchboy ought to make an exception - think of all the Monty Python and Black Adder episodes that start with a BBC logo...