Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Unresolved

I was going to write a post about how much I hate new year's resolutions and why I think they're counterproductive, but she did it so much better, with beautiful insight. Her new year's post from 2005 is equally inspiring:

Something I am learning this year is the importance of not simply dreaming and manifesting, but also "completing" (or finding peace with) what came before. To start the new year with a blank slate we also need to acknowledge everything we need to acknowledge about the previous year. What worked? What didn't? What were the upsets and failures? What were the successes and joys? What are you proud of and how did you grow? What really sucked?

I like her approach almost as much as I like her jewelry (meang, I love that bracelet!) but I have no idea what I want my theme for 2006 to be. There's so much that could happen but before I can figure out what I want, maybe I should put 2005 to bed first. How?

No comments: