Saturday, April 18, 2009

I want my $2!!



I keep intending to post but as you can tell it keeps not happening. Babies are funny timesucks like that. Until recently, I often intended to take a shower or brush my teeth, but as any new mom knows, these things are often goals that fall by the wayside as the day goes on. Our solution? Margot's lovely new crib mobile, which is like baby crack. Now she will lie on her back and watch the mobile for upwards of 20 minutes, long enough for me to get clean and, now, to post for the first time in forever.

Margot is doing beautifully. She is almost 12.5lbs and is upwards of 24 inches long. At 10 weeks she is already too long for many of her 3-month clothes. She is leggy! She is sleeping in her crib at night and napping reliably during the day, though there is still not much sleep being had by her parents. We are having a lot of fun together these days and so it's bittersweet to be contemplating my return to work right when it feels like the baby and I are finally finding a good rhythm to the day. She is cooing and crowing and making ambitious moves towards rolling over. But she still wants absolutely nothing to do with a bottle, which does not bode well. This weekend we are embarking on the Bottle Introduction Initiative v.1. This involves me actually utilizing the breast pump (now unpacked and sterilized but that's as far as I got--and that was two weeks ago) and then leaving Lunchboy with her highness for 4-5 hours in order to get her nice and hungry/angry, then sticking the bottle in her mouth and seeing if she'll forget about the boob for a few minutes. We aren't optimistic, only because we tried to have a date night last night and got a call from my mother, who was babysitting, after only one hour letting us know that our child was inconsolable and what did we want her to do. I had thought that grandmas knew how to resolve these situations instinctively, but apparently I underestimated Margot.

The weather is edging toward spring and so we have been going for lots of walks lately. I have also started running again in an attempt to fit into my work clothes before I go back to work in two weeks. We'll see--I think there will still need to be a trip to the mall for clothes that will hopefully be too big in another month or two. I could go on and on about weight and body image issues post-baby but I'm tired of hearing myself on the topic so I won't subject anyone else to it. Needless to say, it's hard.

No comments: