Saturday, October 29, 2005

There's no place like...home

Snow is falling from the sky. Not just flurries, either. We came out of Target to find a steady fall of heavy flakes coming down in wet splatters, thereby bringing an early end to fall. I've spent the rest of the day curled up in a lazy ball, reading and napping with Scully, who's comfortably ensconsed in Lunchboy's house due to the fact that the heat didn't come back on in my apartment until late last night. It's not a permanent arrangement but I'm enjoying the fact that we're all together under one roof and I don't have to feel guilty about leaving my kitty alone all weekend.

While we were at Target being domestic, I came upon a pair of shoesthat I had to have. They're technically for little girls but I found them enchanting. Now, whenever the weather gets bad, I can click my heels together and wish myself somewhere warm. Because I'm already home.

3 comments:

gimpadelic said...

snow?

It was 70 degrees in MD yesterday.

Eh-heh.

Anonymous said...

Uy...I was having severe Boston cravings BEFORE I read this.

PomHeart said...

yea but the next day it was like almost 70 degrees and gorgeously sunny!